Friday, October 28, 2011

New Direction

As much as I would love to post recipes that I have come up with, I have been having a lot of roadblocks.
#1: My husband won't let me buy the mini photo studio from Skymall so I can properly shoot my creations.
#2: My camera is acting really weird ever since I dumped water all over it.
#3: When the camera does work, it refuses to communicate with my computer to upload the pictures I took.

So what's a girl left to do aside from beg for a Skymall mini photo studio, new computer and new camera? I think I will rate other people's recipes for awhile. I am actually a good resource for this because I read more recipes in a day than most people do in their lifetime. I thrive on that. And because of this I am making new recipes all of the time.

A few weeks ago I was feeling really run down and tired. I knew the problem was that I wasn't eating enough fruits and vegetables. I went in search of a really hearty and nutritious, raw salad. This is actually a spin on a Whole Foods item named the Detox Salad. It's made with broccoli and cauliflower and tastes like traditional broccoli salad without the mayonnaise. The interesting thing about it is that the vegetables are pulsed in the food processor so everything is finely chopped. This is a salad that you can shovel in guilt free. The leftovers were put in things like tuna fish salad and chicken salad (not for the vegan) and the kids LOVED it. This recipe made me feel great which is exactly how I was looking to feel.



No comments:

Post a Comment