Thursday, October 27, 2011

Harvest Stuffed Mushrooms

I found a really good website. It's the site of Chef Chloe Coscarelli. She's got some great material on the site and even better recipes. Here is one that I tried last night. The filling is a mix of brown rice and lentils. I used red lentils because I like that they are creamy. But if you want more texture use green or french lentils. This works a bit easier if you have leftover brown rice since it took a good amount of prep time. I cooked 1/4 cup of brown rice and then 1/4 cup of red lentils and the ratio and amount worked well. She calls for a can of lentils but I don't think I have ever seen that and I'm not sure I would buy it either.

The tomato on top gives a subtle but needed acidity. Also, I added panko in the filling as well as on top. It makes it taste crispy and fried. Who wouldn't like that? (Do I sound like Ina Garten yet?) This is absolutely going to be the Vegan entree at Thanksgiving. Here is the link for Harvest Stuffed Mushrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment